Our world is surrounded by water and for many it is one of their great passions. It is fun, a great way to keep fit, to stay healthy and make friends. Swimming is a healthy activity that you can continue throughout your lifetime. It is a low-impact activity that has many physical and mental health benefits.
It is a great workout because you have to move your whole body against the flow of water. It is a strength and cardiovascular workout- all rolled into one!!!
Swimming is also a very good workout for the mothers-to-be.
Doctors always advise to do light exercise during pregnancy because you will bounce back to your original shape much quicker after you give birth. Swimming is a highly beneficial exercise for pregnant women as it doesn’t put any strain on your joints. So, protecting the mother’s unborn baby-while at the same time not compromising on the workout.
Health benefits of swimming
It is a great exercise because you have to move your body against water.
Swimming is a good all-round activity because:
- Keeps your heart rate up but takes some of the impact stress off your body.
- It builds muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness
- It helps in maintaining a healthy weight, healthy heart and lungs
- It tones your muscles and builds strength
- It gives you an all-over body workout.
Other benefits of swimming
It also has different benefits like:
- Being relaxed and peaceful form of exercise
- It alleviates stress
- It improves your flexibility
- It is available in many places like swimming pools, beaches, lakes, dams and rivers. (Hint: make sure that the environment you choose to swim in is safe.)
Originally posted on: http://amothersdesign.com/2015/08/health-benefits-of-swimming.html